The man that hath no music in himself, Nor is not moved with the concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems and spoils.


-William Shakespeare

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Tracks from Way Back

What's up

So as I posted earlier, I just spent my entire fucking day sitting in  a room full of R-Tards, learning the common sense of food safety (for example one thing we "learned" was that you cant leave a fucking steak out on your kitchen counter to thaw for 15 hours overnight! Golly! who would have known!?). It was the worst.

So tonight I'm gonna post some tracks from my itunes library, which I mentioned I haven't touched since 12th Grade.

This first track that I am posting was one of my all time played songs in my high school library (not and easy feat: 58 full listens). TV on the Radio headed by frontman and lead singer Tunde Adebimpe. He has a tendency to loop his own vocals during live performances using foot pedals (DUB FX). He will start and end a loop, then incorporate it into the song later on. Very impressive. This song is a perfect example. I present:

TV on the Radio- Wolf Like Me (Playhouses) (Click to DL)

Tv On The Radio - Wolf like me by Guindi


This next track is not exactly old, maybe a year or two, but regardless its a fucking banger of a mashup. I don't know much about Symbol'one, but this mashup with Jay-Z is perfectly constructed. Both upbeat tracks, the bridges match harmoniously... all around sick. Enjoy:

Symbol'one vs. Jay-Z- Love Boy Roc Juice
Roc Juice (Jay-Z vs. SymbolOne) by The MashMaticians

Finally I got a little Tech N9ne. This isn't Caribou Lou, I apologize, but it turns out Tech's got other songs that are a little more heartfelt. On this track Tech spits in his usual tongue twister style over an poppy- organ loop. He doesn't rap about how fucked up hes getting off Bacardi 151, but rather how hard it is to keep a family together with the pressures of touring and pleasing the labels. AND his daughter spits on the track too and she's def got the Tech genes. I am guessing she's around 14 or so but I am really not sure. The track is called The Rain (Rain is his youngest daughters name, not the one who spits).






I'm headed over to Newport for a night on the town.


Peace haterz

No comments:

Post a Comment