The man that hath no music in himself, Nor is not moved with the concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems and spoils.


-William Shakespeare

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Back at it like Crack Addicts

Give us this track our daily bread..

What's crackin haters...sorry for the absence, I was down at Mystic Seaport, with my family from CT. It was ballin.

To make up for my lackadaisical behavior I am going to give you all a nice meaty post for your Sunday study hours.



D.VELOPED- MY DANGEROUSLY MELODIC ANTHEM
My Dangerously Melodic Anthem by D.VELOPED
Ok, this track climbed its way up to the number one spot on Hypem while I was away, and for obvious reasons. Arguably my favorite mashup of all time. Uses Postal Service's- Such Great Heights, for the background beat which remains for the whole track. A large portion involves Tech N9ne. Smaller roles include, King Fantastic, Mims, Rage Against the Machine, War, Akon, Jeezy, Wayne, Billy Idol. There are more but I'm not going to post them all here. Too many.

STAR SLINGER- MAY I WALK WITH YOU?
Star Slinger - May I Walk With You? by Star Slinger
Alright, alright I know this tracks pretty old, but I doubt I will ever tire of it. This exemplifies Star Slinger's trip chip chop production values. Balling. So spontaneous and heartfelt, her voice almost acts as a played instrument. One of my top 50 songs of all time I think.

MACKLEMORE- INHALE DEEP
Macklemore - Inhale Deep by RILEY11
The lyrics to this song are some of the best that I have honestly EVER heard from and MC. This shit is so fucking deep. Macklemore discusses the misconception that drugs and alcohol make you more creative and gets into his own alcholism. Chill beat.

BRENTON DUVALL- PHONE RINGS GOODBYE
Brenton Duvall - Phone Rings Goodbye by vibetothis
Love this kids style. Came to play at the phrat which was ballin. This is a new track (one or two weeks old I think). He mashups up the anthem from Eternal Sunshine from the Spotless Mind (the song Jay Electronica did his 15 minute joint over), with Mike Posner's-Save Your Goodbye.  Epic at 7 minutes long, the song builds slowly and subtly, but beautifully. The average listener may not even notice. Enjoi

THEHOODINTERNET- BROS BEFORE WHOA'S (PANDA BEAR X BLACK ROB)
The Hood Internet - Bros Before Whoas (Black Rob x Panda Bear) by hoodinternet
First off, THEHOODINTERNET was the first mashup group I had ever heard and liked (fuck MTV mashups). I've been following them pretty closely since then, but missed this gem. I don't know about Black Rob, but Panda Bear has been one of my favorite members of Animal Collective since they started.


That does it for me, if I do anymore songs I think it will slow down the load speed on the site.

LAVE

(e)SQ

No comments:

Post a Comment